Mark Your Calendars. November 29, Giving Tuesday for our Facebook Live Streams
As a way to show appreciation for your support, we will be presenting interesting and educational live videos throughout the day. You will have to watch on Facebook, but do not need an account. If you're not a Facebook person, we will be archiving the videos and making them available at a later date. Here's what's happening.
- 8:30 AM - Wildlife Breakfast. We have a lot of hungry animals to feed every morning. And what they eat might surprise you! So, log into Facebook for this live stream of us preparing our animal's breakfasts, and learn a little something about the species we are feeding that day.
- 10:00 AM - Walkabout With Woody. Woody, our resident Wood Turtle, likes to get out and stretch his legs with walks around the Wildlife Center. Come with us as we follow him around and discuss the interesting facts about Woody, and his turtle cousins.
- 12:00 PM - Take Your Lunch with Tommi. Bart Kotarba (wildlife educator extraordinaire) and Tommi (one of our resident red-tailed hawks) will be live streaming and presenting information about hawks, and Tommi herself. She is a super chill, beautiful, and enigmatic raptor! So grab a sandwich, sit back and enjoy this special Giving Tuesday live stream.
- 2:00 PM - Hanna Time! We invite you to meet Hanna, our resident American Bald Eagle. Many of you have seen her before. But Bart is taking us inside her cage for an up close and personal educational encounter!
- 4:00 PM - Walkabout with Bryon. He's maybe not as interesting as Woody, and definitely not as good looking! But Bryon Black (our director) will be giving a behind the scenes tour of the Northwoods Wildlife Center. See how and where the rehabbers do their jobs, the habitats and cages where the animals recover, and the large eagle flight building. This will be a "warts and all" tour that shows the things we are proud of, as well as some of the things we need help with.
Donate on Tuesday, November 29 and Double Your Impact!
Facebook will match your donation, if you donate on their site.
Giving Tuesday is described as "a global generosity movement unleashing the power of people and organizations to transform their communities and the world." And, Giving Tuesday has become one of the most important fund raising days for the Northwoods Wildlife Center. This year, we have established a pretty big goal for ourselves. We are hoping to raise $20.000, and we think with your help, we can do it!
Donate right here!
Of course, we realize that not everyone uses Facebook. And we don't want to wast your generosity. So, you can also donate right through our website. Just look for the donate button at the top of the screen.
Your donations are what make it possible for us to continue carrying out our mission of providing a better future for wildlife, and us all.