Date(s) - 02/01/2019
Northwoods Wildlife Center
Categories No Categories
Support the wildlife of the Northwoods through NWC’s Annual Photography Contest!
Contest Entry Rules
- $10 entry fee per photograph
- The following information must be written on the back of each photograph:
- Photographer’s name and mailing address
- Telephone number and e-mail address
- Photograph Category and Title
- Entries must be 8”x 10” photograph with 11”x 14” cream or white mat. No framing permitted. Backing board not necessary. To ensure unbiased voting, no writing allowed on front of photographs.
- Enter by February 1st – drop off or mail entries to Northwoods Wildlife Center at 8683 S Blumenstein Road, Minocqua, WI 54548
Contest Categories and Prizes
- North American Wildlife – $100 first prize
- Naturescapes – $50 first prize
- Bugs and Blooms – $50 first prize
- Pets – $50 first prize
- Youth (ages 17 and under) – $50 first prize
This is an amateur contest. Photographer that make more than 25% annual income through photography or consider themselves as professional are not eligible for entry. Photographs can be taken anywhere at any time. No limit to the number of entries.
- Public voting occurs at the Annual Photo Gala held on February 9th, 2019 at the Campanile Center for the Arts from 6-8pm. Ballots counted and winners contacted the week following the event. An announcement of winners will be in the local newspaper during the weeks following the event.
- Top 4 North American Wildlife entries are eligible for the Artist of the Year. The Artist of the Year selection is made by a panel of judges, based on criteria of creativity and photo quality.
- Top 3 winners in each category will be mailed a certificate of accomplishment. Winners must provide a digital copy (JPG) of their images.
Copyright and Photographer’s Release
Photographs will not be returned by mail, but will be available at Northwoods Wildlife Center for pick-up in June. Photographs are held for one year – after that time, photos will no longer be available for pickup.
You retain the rights to your images. By submitting a photograph, you acknowledge that you are the sole owner of the photograph being submitted and you allow the use of your photograph without any further fees. You permit Northwoods Wildlife Center to use your photograph in the Center’s publications, website, press releases, social media, advertising, displays, educational materials, and other marketing and fundraising efforts.